Brand awareness is quite important for businesses to get more exposure, but social media brand awareness might be even more crucial in the time when most potential customers spend time on social media platforms. Luckily, it’s relatively easy to build brand awareness through social media by using well-known techniques for this. Hence, here are the five strategies to increase your brand awareness using social media.
#1 Create Partnerships
The first thing you should absolutely do is to create partnerships with other brands. It may be tempting to go solo and do everything on your own, but partnerships can actually help you get more exposure which will, in turn, improve your brand awareness on social media. In other words, you will be promoting them – and they will be promoting you. Such collaborations will expose you to their audience while you expose them to yours.
To find other brands to collaborate with, you should simply take some time to grow your account. As you get more attention, there will probably be other business owners who will want to collaborate with you. Alternatively, you can reach out to them yourself. Browse posts under the hashtags you usually use in your posts and find similar content from other brands like yours. You can also seek out small businesses in other niches for your collaborations.
#2 Use Influencer Marketing
Another way to increase your brand awareness with social media is by using influencer marketing. In a way, this is similar to partnerships because you get exposed to the audience of the account that is promoting your brand. However, in this case, you don’t need to promote the influencer in return. Influencer marketing can be particularly effective when you find the right influencers who create content for the niche you work in.
#3 Tag and Hashtag
Tags and hashtags are features only found on social media platforms which makes them unique in their own way. Both of them can help you get more exposure and, in turn, increase your brand awareness. Here’s why they are important and how you can use tags and hashtags:
- Tags: Placing tags on photos and videos can help identify the people in the media you post and attract their attention. But you can also place tags in captions and comments directly addressing the person or brand you want to interact with.
- Hashtags: On the other hand, hashtags can be used to get your posts to appear in search results for certain keywords or hashtags. By using different types of hashtags (general, industry, branded), you can reach more social media users and get discovered by more people.
#4 Host Contests and Giveaways
Hosting contests and giveaways can be surprisingly effective when it comes to attracting attention to your brand. Everyone loves getting things for free while creators will often be interested in competing in contests for prizes and additional exposure. In addition to that, you can combine such contests and giveaways with other techniques like influencer marketing and partnerships. Here are some things to remember about hosting contests and giveaways:
- Both giveaways and contests need to have valuable prizes that will encourage people to enter. More often than not, you will want to offer something from your own products or services. This way, you also get to promote your brand. You can also offer combined prizes when partnering with other brands for contests and giveaways.
- Make sure to outline rules beforehand – this applies both to contests and giveaways. The most common rules for these include following the brand’s account, liking the post announcing the contest or giveaway, leaving a comment under it or sharing it, and so on.
- For giveaways, find an online randomizer to select the winners. For contests, choose a team of juries who will select the winners from the submitted works.
- Contests can usually be themed according to the niche you work in, but you can also get creative with them (e.g. art contests, best comment competitions, etc.)
#5 Comment Actively
Last but not least, you can use commenting to increase your brand awareness. Comment sections are often the territory populated by numerous discussions whether aggressive or civil. But if you maintain a polite voice when participating in such discussions, you can actually improve your reputation and attract the attention your brand needs. Moreover, you can also interact with your customers and other brands while conversing in the comments.
To make sure that you don’t get into trouble, avoid arguing with anyone in the comments. Always be polite and respectful. Though negative PR can seem like a good idea, it’s never beneficial in the long run. The best you can do is start or participate in interesting conversations and discussions without getting negative or making strong statements. Indeed, getting political is also something to avoid as it can be held against you. In addition to that, remember that comment sections both under your posts and under other posts can be used.
To sum up, brand awareness on social media can be achieved in various ways, but it’s best to combine different techniques for the best results. Use the tips in this article to create your own social media strategy and start improving your brand awareness.
BIO John Edwards
John Edwards is a writing specialist who works at The Writing Judge and Pick The Writer. He is looking for ways of self-development in the field of writing and blogging. New horizons in his beloved business always attract with their varieties of opportunities. Therefore, it is so important for him to do the writing.